New Year's Eve
Kin Kaiseki Menu $165
Wagyu tartare, Peale Passage oyster with apple mignonette, Tasmanian sea trout temari sushi, takenoko tosa yaki, snow crab isobe age, amadai kobujime with caviar, uni mousse, saikyo miso scallop, yuba sashimi mozuku seaweed, and karasumi
- The oyster, AMAZING. The apple mignonette makes it.. damn. So good. And love that it wasn't very fishy.
- Uni mousseeeee. awesome.
- Scallop was very thick and heavy, not my fav way but still really good
- First time having karasumi, interesting. Dried mullet roes *_*
- Snow crab isobe age was great, reminded me almost a bit of prawn crackers? Lol in a totally good way
- great! fresh~
Kodai nishu yaki
grilled Japanese sea bream, two ways, with uni and nori
- I actually really loved the nori one. Always love uni but don't know if it really gels with the sea bream, Nori tho brings out the flavor amazingly. (still love uni tho.. ofc)
Japanese beef from Miyazaki, Japan with Rokusuke salt
- MELT IN YOUR MOUTH WAGYU. SO GOOD.
Lobster tempura soba
tempura fried lobster with buckwheat noodles in a dashi broth
amazake, chestnut monaka ice cream sandwich, matcha green tea pudding, and a hojicha cookie
- AMAZAKE. I WAS SO HAPPY.
- chestnut ice cream sandwich was cool
- green tea pudding was nice, wish there was more
Freshly pounded mochi
coated in ground black sesame
- NOMNOMNOM MOCHI.
we also got to pound mochi, which is like, super awesomeeee. great memory :D